Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Words that rhyme that aren't even mine!

I found this poem on an infertility website, and it touched my heart. It's amazing how so many women know exactly how I feel, from so many miles away...

When do I stop? When do I realize it's enough?
Why does it have to be me who has it so tough?
There are many out there who are evil and perverse.
Yet do You burden them with an infertility curse?
A 16 year old delivers a healthy baby boy
then throws him in the garbage like some old broken toy.
A drug addict has 3 beautiful little ones
and beats them black and blue for nothing they have done.
A worn-out woman with already more than she can bear
sighs dissapointedly when she sees two lines are there.
God give me one, just one to cherish all my days
And I promise that to You I'll give all glory, credit and praise.
Make it stop, this intense longing and fear.
Please give me a child that I can hold near!

No comments:

Post a Comment