Monday, June 25, 2012

From the Very Start

I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart
Our life together has just begun,
You're part of me my little one
As mother with child, each day I grew
My mind was filled with thoughts of you
I'd daydream of the things we'd share
Like late-night bottles and teddy bears
Like first steps and skinned knees
Like bedtime stories and ABC's
I thought of things you'd want to know
Like how birds fly and flowers grow
I thought of lessons I'd need to share
Like standing tall and playing fair
When I first saw your precious face
I prayed your life be touched with grace
I thanked the angels from above
And promised you unending love
Each night I lay you down to sleep
I gently kiss your head and cheek
I count your little fingers and toes
I memorize your eyes and nose
I linger at your nursery door
Awed each day I love you more
Through misty eyes, I dim the light
I whisper "I Love You" every night
I loved you from the very start
You stole my breath, embraced my heart
As mother and child our journey's begun
My heart's yours forever little one

No comments:

Post a Comment