Monday, January 14, 2013

8 Months Old!


Carson David, I can’t believe you are 8 months old already. 8 and a ½ now that I am finally getting to write this.

Not a lot has changed in the past month. You’re still wearing the same size diapers, and wearing mostly 12 month clothes, although some 9 month stuff still fits fine.
You’re eating 2, maybe 3 “meals” a day in addition to usually 5 bottles. The bottles are all formula now since my pump broke. But, that’s not a story for this post.
J
You’ve recently started picking up finger food and putting it in your mouth, you love Mum Mums and puffs. We’ve tried chunkier baby food and cottage cheese with no success.
You had another ear infection. And because of all the antibitotics, you now have C. Diff. I had to push the Dr.’s to test you for it, but I’m glad I did. You were a little poop machine!!  You are going to see an ENT next month, and I’m sure we will be discussing tubes for your ears.

You’re still not interested in crawling, but you are getting great at rolling both directions, back and forth, and you’re really sticking your little bum in the air and scooting around. You sit up like a champ.

Lately you’ve really been having some separation anxiety, especially with Mama. If you can see me and hear me, you think I should be holding you. You’ve started reaching your arms up for me when you want me to pick you up, and it absolutely melts my heart.

You have NOT been sleeping well. I don’t know if it’s the C. diff or the separation anxiety or both, but Daddy and I have both spent a lot of nights holding you on the couch lately because that is the only way you will sleep. We’ve discovered that you do pretty in the bouncy seat right next to the bed, too. You fall asleep fine in your crib, but once you wake up, you just don’t want to be alone.

You still have the two toofers, no other ones have come through yet.
You absolutely still love to jump all the time!

You are spoiled rotten. But, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Sometime I need to post about your first Christmases, but honestly, there’s not a lot to say. You opened some gifts, but mostly just wanted to eat the paper. Daddy and I were both just getting over the flu, so it was hard to enjoy it all as much as we wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment