Sunday, October 28, 2012

Half a year...

Dear Carson,

 

I can’t believe you are 6 months old today. You have brought so much light and love into my life these past 6 months…I am so blessed to have you.
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. The first time I saw you I wasn’t able to hold you because of having a c-section, but you looked at me like you knew who I was. The first time I got to hold you, you snuggled right in…it was a perfect fit. We were meant for each other, and it felt like you had been waiting to meet me as long as I had been waiting to meet you.
We have learned a lot about each other over the months, and you have grown and changed so much. You looked just like your Daddy when you were born, but now you look just like me. You laugh and smile at me, you love to play peek-a-boo, and you are so squirmy and wiggly. Luckily, you do still love to snuggle, because cuddle time with you is my favorite thing.
I love dressing you up in cute outfits, the more boyish the better. Clothes shopping for you is even more fun than shopping for myself!
I’m amazed how you learn and grow each and every day. You have changed my life in so many ways, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
You, little boy, have my whole heart. I would do anything for you, and I love you more than anything in the whole world.

At six months old, Carson can/is:
-wearing some 6 month clothes, but mostly 9 month, he needs the length
-wearing size 3 diaper
-eating 6 oz. bottles 5 or 6 times a day, and one serving of baby food at night. He has tried and loved squash, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, apples, and bananas. He hates rice cereal. We are going to try some oatmeal and see how that works out.
-sleeps through the night most of the time when he doesn’t have an ear infection. 
-laughs, giggles, coos, and goos, and is starting to make more consonant sounds.
-can almost sit up unsupported, but not quite.
-rolls from back to tummy frequently.
-loves to play peek-a-boo, he puts the blanket over his head and then pulls it off
-loves to be startled, he thinks it’s hilarious
-loves to splash in the bathtub
-he was at the dr. October 15 for his second double ear infection, and weighed 18 lbs. 4 oz. We will get his 6 month stats when he goes in a week or two
-he can sit in his Bumbo and hold his head up for a while now
-like the exersaucer now that his little legs almost reach the bottom
-puts anything and everything in to his mouth. And drools like a faucet, although no teeth have popped through yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment