Saturday, May 26, 2012

Carson Carson Carson

My sweet baby boy is 4 weeks old today. I can't believe how fast it is flying by. My maternity leave is half over, and the thought of having to leave him all day to go to work breaks my heart.
Carson and I are getting to know each other pretty well. He's a very mellow baby and really only cries when he's hungry. Sometimes it's an hour after he's last eaten, sometimes, 3, and sometimes at night he can go for 6 or 7 hours. Other times he cries 10 minutes after he's finished a bottle because he's a piglet and isn't satisfied. For the most part, he eats 4 oz. at a time. I think it's all going to his cheeks. :) He weighed 9 lbs, and 7.8oz. at his last appointment.
He LOVES food. He loves to cuddle and snuggle and wants to be held all the time. He loves his pacifier. He loves to be swaddled at night, although he didn't at first, and he does let you know in the morning when he's had enough and wants freedom. He hates being naked. He is indifferent about diaper changes...sometimes he cries, other times he could care less. He loves to smile at his daddy. He loves to be talked to. He loves bath time, after he gets over being naked. He falls asleep in his car seat going for rides or walks. He does great in the car. He hates his crib and sleeps in the bassinet in his pack and play. He hates tummy time on the floor, but likes to hold his head up when he's being burped. Before he cries he scrunches up his face into an adorable pout that melts my heart He has a big head and short, skinny legs. He wears newborn pants and 0-3 month tops, and one piece items are too big for him, he looks like a gangsta. :)
 He's starting to grab on to things...like my heart. :) He definitely has his mama wrapped around his finger.
I knew motherhood would be amazing, that is why I fought so long and hard to get it. But it's even more amazing than I ever imagined it could be.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your new little man! I hear you'll be our backyard neighbors soon! Holler if you need anything.
    Kristy Balvanz Luiken

    ReplyDelete