Saturday, January 21, 2012

26 Weeks

I have been so terrible at updating this lately.
We are now 26 and a 1/2 weeks along! I get more and more excited every day. In about 3 months we will finally be able to hold our little baby in our arms!
Brent got most of the nursery furniture set up last weekend. We are still waiting on the rocker and changing table, but we have a crib, bedding, dresser, and some decorations put up, including letters spelling out the baby's name. The process didn't involve too many swear words, so I was pretty proud of him.
I won't be sharing pictures of the nursery right now, because I don't want to share the gender or name until the baby is born. Some people think I am strange for that, but I don't really care. :) Close friends and family know the sex, and it's not exactly a super secret thing, but I just don't feel like everyone in the world needs to know the sex of my baby just because they are my Facebook friend, you know? I also have a strange pet peeve about people calling a baby by it's name before it's born, so I don't want to share the name. And to be honest, I don't want anyone's opinions on what I am going to name my child!
I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. I have trouble getting comfortable and sleeping at night because I'm having a lot of back pain, but I'm managing. I'm starting to get some swelling in my hands and ankles, but so far everything has checked out fine and my blood pressures have been great, so it's not really a problem at this point. Lately my elbow and wrist has been hurting, too, but I read that that is just a part of pregnancy, and I KNOW it will all be worth it in the end. The best thing I've experienced so far is feeling the little monkey move around. It's the most amazing feeling ever, and so reassuring when it kicks me. :)
My next appointment is on Valentine's Day, and then I start going every 2 weeks, that seems crazy. I had to drink the yucky orange drink early on in my pregnancy since I tend to have a bit of higher blood sugars due to my PCOS, so I don't have to do that again, which I am thankful for. My Dr. said he knows I will fail the test, and what they do for that is have you check your blood sugars and watch your diet, and I've been checking my blood sugars once a week this entire pregnancy and they have been fine, so he doesn't think it's necessary for me to take the test again.
I do however, have to get a rhogam shot, because I am rH negative with type A- blood, while Brent's is O+. I hate needles, but I will do anything for this little one. I have to go get blood drawn a couple of days before my next appointment so they can get information about the antibodies in my blood, and then at my appointment I will get the shot. If the baby has a positive blood type when it is born, I will have to get another shot after delivery, but if it is negative, I won't have to. So, I guess we wait and see with that.
I guess there's not much else to report at this time. Just anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little miracle 3 years in the making! So, I will leave you all with a picture of my baby belly at 26 weeks. I'm finally starting to look pregnant instead of just fat!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad you didn't share the sex or name :( I totally understand about not sharing the name though, people still either think I'm crazy or love the name Driver! Josh and I liked so that's what mattered, when I shared name possibilities and people didn't like them then I found something wrong with it.
    If I/we decide to try 1 more time for our princess I want to keep the sex a secret too, not many surprises left in life.
    I feel bad about you having to get shots, that would suck! But anything for that miracle! Always thinking of you and Brent!

    ReplyDelete